In this article, I’ll be reviewing some of the Best Seiko Field Watches of 2023 that are durable, trendy yet affordable.
Field watches date back to World War II. However, over time, they have become trendy for daily wear. Field watches do not show accurate time only but they are rugged enough to last long with their robust designs.
When we talk about field watches, then the Japanese brand Seiko is one of the best ones out there. Seiko field watches come with a great variety of designs, excellent quality, and the latest features.
We have shortlisted the best 4 Seiko Field Watches for you from military classics to rugged styles.
- 1 Top Picks: Best Seiko Field Watches of 2023
- 2 Buying guide for Best Seiko Field Watches of 2023
- 3 The most important questions asked about the Seiko Field Watches.
- 3.1 WHAT ARE SEIKO WATCHES?
- 3.2 WHAT FEATURES DO THE BEST SEIKO WATCHES HAVE?
- 3.3 Letter
- 3.4 Box
- 3.5 Adjust to the time zone
- 3.6 Automatic time adjustment
- 3.7 Airplane mode
- 3.8 Waterproof
- 3.9 Where should I store my Seiko watch when I am not wearing it?
- 3.10 How does magnetism affect a Seiko watch?
- 3.11 How to know if a Seiko watch has been affected by magnetism?
- 3.12 Conclusion
Top Picks: Best Seiko Field Watches of 2023
So if you are a Seiko fan and want to invest in a Seiko field watch then let’s begin and have a quick overview of these.Buy on Amazon
This military-style Seiko Field watch is one of the true field watches out there. The green dial and green nylon strap with a traditional buckle give it an adventurous look. The hands are silver-toned and feature Arabic minute and hour markers. It also has a date window beside the 3 O’clock digit.
It is mechanically automatic with 21- Jewel automatic movement and does not require batteries. This watch is light and small at 37 mm and 11 mm thick only.
Although it is not suitable for swimming it is water-resistant to 30 meters. It can bear brief immersion or splashes of liquids. At $93, this watch is one of the best options with an amazing look and features.Buy on Amazon
SNN 241 is different from the other Seiko field watches as it has a contrasting genuine leather strap rather than a canvas one. The strap can be changed easily. The top-stitched strap and the round stainless steel dial with two chronograph subdials give it a versatile look like a field watch.
The case is 11mm thick and has a 42.6 mm diameter with a hardlex dial window. The precise hardlex crystal is scratch resistant which renders it suitable for rough n tough use.
The watch is water-resistant up to 100 meters allowing it for snorkeling and swimming. The analog display runs with perfectly tuned Japanese Quartz movement making it run battery-free for life.
The date window is at 6 O’clock. The bright white hour markers and hands make the perfect combination with the watch. This watch offers many more features than a regular Seiko field watch with trendy looks, chronograph features, and water resistance making it a total win-win.Buy on Amazon
This oversized Seiko Field watch is a good choice for people with chunky choices. This watch stands out from others due to its sporty look, easy-to-read dial, and solar power. The shiny dial is round with a coin-edge Bezel.
The stainless steel case is 30 mm thick and the window supports a hardlex dial. The display has analog numbers and the date and day window is placed at 3 O’clock.
The band is nylon-made and has a buckle for closure. This watch is suitable for snorkeling and swimming as it is water-resistant to 100 meters. However, it can’t be used for scuba diving. The ideal temperature for the watch to operate is -5 ºC to 50 ºC.
The watch is a bit pricey but it is ideal if you are always on the go with its unlimited solar-powered battery. Also, the classic field watch design and sturdy build give justice to its price.Buy on Amazon
Alpinist is another Seiko field watch with a leather calfskin strap in brown color with a unique combination of the green dial. The stainless steel case has scratch-resistant sapphire glass. This watch is ideal for outdoor purposes.
The military green-colored dial with the gold-colored numerals and hands. It also features an inner rotating compass to help you find directions and a date calendar. The case has a diameter of 39.5 mm.
This watch is capable of automatic and manual winding and runs at 21,600 vibrations per hour frequency. Seiko SARB017 Alpinist stainless steel watch can reserve power for up to 50 hours.
It is water-resistant up to 200 meters, which is the highest resistance of all the watches on this list. You can use this watch for water surface sports and marine activities. However, it is not recommended for deep-water activities.
Although it offers features that are not available in other options on this list, the high price of this field watch makes it tight on the pocket. So if you want the best yet luxury Seiko field watch, then this is the right choice.
Seiko Men’s Chronograph SSB299P1: The classic chronograph
- Gents Stainless Steel Chronograph
- Quartz Movement
- Casual / Lifestyle
- Black dial and Metallic strap or bracelet
- WR 100mt. Battery life: About 3 years
This men’s quartz Seiko watch incorporates all the standards of classic chronographs.
Entirely in steel, the bracelet and case contrast perfectly with the black dial and white inscriptions. The bracelet is locked with a safety pusher to prevent it from coming loose after hanging.
The buttons, also in stainless steel, provide this uniqueness to this watch that, although classic, is very elegant.
The size of the case is 44 millimeters and the width of the bracelet is 22 millimeters. We also stay within the genre standards with a date display, 24-hour format, and water resistance of 100 meters.
In short, with this model, you will not be surprised, but you will be delighted.
Buying guide for Best Seiko Field Watches of 2023
While buying a Seiko field watch, you need to watch out for certain specifications to enjoy the most of your watch. Although field watches are quite basic, these features are considered to add up to the value of the watch.
- GMT– it allows you to add another time zone
- Chronograph– a stopwatch
- Type of Face– it can be digital or analog depending on your choice
- Luminous numbers and hands– make the time visible in dark
- Movement– the two options are mechanical and quartz. But for a field watch, a mechanical automatic is preferable.
- Stainless steel, Aluminum, and Titanium– it should be corrosion and rust-free, and lightweight.
- Straps- they should be of a durable material like canvas, leather, or rubber to last long
- Display- it should be of sapphire crystal that is glare-proof and scratch-resistant
We have a detailed guide on Seiko NH35 Movement
The most important questions asked about the Seiko Field Watches.
WHAT ARE SEIKO WATCHES?
Seiko watches are a large group of pieces that are manufactured by this Japanese brand, which has been conquering the hearts of watch lovers for many years. They are distinguished by always being fashionable, having cutting-edge technology, and having original designs and quality materials.
Seiko brand watches have always been linked to an image of modernity and technology, also offering quality and prestigious products.
On the other hand, despite offering high-end products, Seiko manages watches at very affordable prices.
Without a doubt, Seiko watches are among the best options that exist in the world of watchmaking. In many parts of the world, collectors, and people looking for an accessory opt for watches from the Japanese brand.
WHAT FEATURES DO THE BEST SEIKO WATCHES HAVE?
Knowing the characteristics of the best Seiko watches will help you identify an original piece from one that is not. This is very important because in the market (and if you look in unofficial stores) you can find very well-crafted fakes.
The brand name printed on the watch strap is one of the elements that differentiate an original product from a fake one. The font used by this brand is unique and it is not easy to accurately reproduce the signature of this watchmaking house.
This is another aspect that must be looked at carefully to know if a Seiko watch is original. The packaging of this brand’s watches -which is up to the item inside- has the most relevant information about the object.
Adjust to the time zone
Automatic time adjustment
This feature is possible because when the watch’s face is exposed to bright light, it receives GPS signals and adjusts the time on the spot.
Some Seiko brand models can resist up to 100 meters deep. This, however, does not apply to all models, since they are not sports or swimming watches.
Where should I store my Seiko watch when I am not wearing it?
The best place is in a dust-free room. It shouldn’t be too humid and the temperature shouldn’t be too high or too low. When you are not going to use your Seiko watch for a long time, store it in a well-ventilated place, and put it in the box you received at the time of purchase or a similar one.
Do not store your watch near a magnetic source such as electronic equipment or household appliances, or place it near a cell phone.
How does magnetism affect a Seiko watch?
Watches can be negatively affected by magnetism and can gain or lose time. It is important not to leave a watch near magnetic objects for long periods of time.
Today we are surrounded by many more magnetic products than we think. These products can be mobile phones, televisions, and speakers in general. They can also affect devices with electrical motors such as hair dryers, electric razors, or washing machines.
How to know if a Seiko watch has been affected by magnetism?
Watches can be adversely affected by magnetism and may gain or lose time more than usual as specified by Seiko. In case of detecting excessive variations, it is necessary to contact an authorized Seiko service center to demagnetize the watch.
These are the most loved and high-rated designs of Seiko Field Watches but the company offers many more designs in this range. You can choose from these according to your budget and style. A Seiko field watch will not disappoint you as these are made from high-quality materials and are easy on the pocket.
Have a happy time!
In the end, let me share some more quality Seiko field watches that you can buy in 2023.
- Inspired by vintage military/field style
- Automatic movement with manual winding capability
- Feature 24 jewels and 21,600 vibrations per hour
- Beige nylon strap with traditional tang closure
- Black dial with beige luminous hour markers and hands
- Seiko's 4R36 mechanical movement beats at a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour with manual and automatic winding capabilities and a power reserve of 41 hours
- Case Diameter: 40.0mm
- The green sunray finish dial includes a day/date calendar and LumiBrite hands and markers
- Stainless steel case and green nylon strap
- Water-resistant to 10 bar, 100 meters (300 feet)
- Featuring a Black / Blue Band, Silver-tone Case, Scratch Resistant Hardlex Crystal
- Military-inspired timepiece featuring green dial, luminous accents, and day/date functions.Case dimensions: 37mm,Strap length: 7 inch
- Automatic movement with analog display; Hardlex crystal
- Features green nylon strap with buckle closure. When setting the minute hand of a quartz watch, advance it to a few minutes ahead of the time and then turn it back to the exact time
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming.
- Automatic movement with manual winding capacity
- Silver-tone stainless steel case, bezel and bracelet
- Blue dial with LumiBrite hour markers and Arabic numerals
- Red-tipped seconds hand and 2 LumiBrite hands
- Day of the month and day of the week window at the 3 position
- To the start the watch initially, swing from side to side in a horizontal arc about 30 seconds.
- 37 mm stainless steel case and Hardlex mineral dial window and Precise 21-jewel automatic movement with analog display
- Dial: 36mm Case: 45 (with crown) x 41 (W) x 12 mm (thickness)
- Gender: Mens - WR: 100 Meter 10 Bar - Dial Material: Hardlex
- Movement: Mechanical : Automatic - 7S36 23 Jewels
- Round watch featuring logoed dial with Arabic numeral indices, luminous hands, and day/date window at 3 o'clock
- 42 mm stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- Automatic self-wind movement with analog display
- Nylon band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving