The Invicta watch company was founded in 1837 by Raphael Picard in Switzerland, with the aim of offering Swiss watches at the best prices.
For more than a hundred years, this small but industrious company has been commissioned to create manual and automatic mechanical watches of unique design and construction; However, this entrepreneurial idea left the scene during the 1970s when the quartz invasion emerged.
By 1991, the younger members of the Invicta family group restored this company following the principles of its founder. Invicta has been able to offer the best level of quality of manufactured watches, something that distinguishes it from other brands.
Invicta Grand Diver 3045 At A Glance
- Stainless steel case 47mm diameter x 14.44mm thick; Exhibition case back; Blue dial; Luminous hands and hour markers
- NH35A Japanese Automatic movement, 24 jewel; Assembled in Malaysia; Watch weight: 310 grams
- Stainless steel band, 215mm L x 22mm W; Band is adjustable by adding/removing links; Fold over safety clasp
- Mineral crystal; Screw-down crown; Unidirectional stainless steel bezel with blue top bezel ring; 300 meter water resistant: Suitable for professional marine activity and surface water sports. Suitable for diving.
Directly from one of its workshops, we find the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver, a watch that deserves to be known by everyone, even more so if you are one of those who collects these instruments to measure time and dive into the depths of the ocean.
- Japanese automatic movement
- no spare battery
- high-quality watch
- The wide dial is easy to read
- Does not have an extension closure to attach to the wetsuit
- Surveillance is comparatively heavy
Features of the Grand Diver Invicta 3045
The Invicta collection called Invicta Grand Diver watches is based on the Pro Diver collection, a very successful and respected series of watches for men.
The Invicta 3045 Grand Diver is a men’s watch that, as its name suggests, is of the submersible type and has a charming and elegant classic design. You can observe several essential features of this remarkable watch.
1. Size, height, and material of the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver
This Invicta 3045 Grand Diver watch is classified among the extra-large watches and has a large size. It has a circular shape, and its case reaches a diameter of 47 millimeters, with a thickness of 14 millimeters and a width of 20 millimeters. It weighs more or less 200 grams; It can be said that it is somewhat heavy.
The case and bracelet material is made of silver stainless steel; the bezel is also silver and of the same material.
The glass of the dial is of the Hardlex type, a mineral glass that after specific hardening procedures can resist scratches, it consists of a mixture of silicon and barium. These mineral crystals do not have the hardness of sapphire but are strong enough to be part of a diver’s watch.
2. Specifications of the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver
- It is an analog watch, it has hands to indicate the hours, minutes, and seconds. The hands are elegant and arrow-shaped.
- It has a unidirectional stainless steel bezel. It’s sturdy, totally accurate, and clicks very well (120 clicks). For those who are not very knowledgeable on this subject, the bezel on a diver’s watch is used to measure lapses of time, a great need for those who must know how long they have been in the water.
- The hour markers show the luminescence.
- Its operation mechanism is automatic (Seiko NH35A). This watch has a very particular look; You can see the operation of the machine through a window located on the back of the dial, truly an experience.
- With the presence of 24 jewels, these are 24 pieces made of synthetic ruby that are used as axles for the clock gears. Thanks to the hardness of this material, the watch can function properly without wear.
- It operates at 21,600 beats per hour.
- This watch can be submerged in water for 300m.
- There is a date window at the 3 o’clock position and a magnifying glass is provided.
- There are a number of details in the design of this watch: One is the diving helmet logo on the lower half of the dial and the tabs; The Invicta logo on the dial (a kind of bird flying) and finally on one side of the watch case the words “Grand Diver” are engraved, which is the name of the model and on the other side the brand name “Invicta ».
- The stainless steel bracelet has well-made solid links and a bridge that joins the two halves.
3. Pros of the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver
When you analyze the characteristics of the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver watch, there is no doubt that you will find a high-quality watch.
It is a diving watch par excellence, it stands out for its size, design, properties, style, and specific characteristics.
It has an inherent masculine appeal and thanks to its curved lines; you can wear it without getting caught in clothes. Despite its size, it can be worn daily with office clothes.
Its automatic movement of Japanese origin provides guaranteed precision and operation; you won’t have to change the batteries every time they run out because they don’t have batteries.
4. Cons of the Invicta 3045 Grand Diver
To be listed as a “Grand Diver”, it does not make sense that it does not have an extension closure to put it on the diving suit, even when it lasts up to 300 meters deep. Some criticize the large size of the case and that the stainless steel does not seem to be treated with carbon, so it has more resistance.
The Invicta brand has been around for years and is known for its high quality and affordable look. With Invicta, you can find several classy watches for everyone. Check out watches for men and women at Invicta Watches Reviews.
Invicta 3045 Grand Diver Reviews
In these Invicta grand diver reviews, I am going to share my and others’ experiences with this watch.
The Invicta Grand Diver Collection has this typical Diver styling with a bright, easy-to-read display and unidirectional bezel. One of the most striking features of the watch is the amazing and strikingly deep blue dial that really catches your eye.
There are plenty of lights covering the hands and hour markers to make the watch easier to read in low-light conditions as well. At the 3 o’clock position on the dial, we have a simple date display which is highlighted by the magnifying glass bubble.
They’ve protected the dial with Invicta’s flame fusion crystal, which has some very impressive reviews. It is somewhere between mineral and sapphire crystal and the watch offers very good value for money.
The Invicta has powered it with a Japanese automatic movement NH35A. The important feature of this watch is the exhibition case back, which means that you can see the movement in action from the case back of the watch.
Automatic movements generate power from the movement of the wearer’s wrist, meaning you never have to change a battery.
Now looking at the size, it initially doesn’t seem as chunky as some of their other watch models, but it’s still a pretty big watch from Invicta.
The strap has a relatively simple folding clasp with a safety catch. It is made of stainless steel and measures 22mm.
Coming from their Grand Diver series, you’d expect a reasonable water resistance rating and I’m glad to see they’ve got it right here.
The watch has a water resistance rating of 300m or 30 bar, making it suitable for professional marine activities, serious water sports, and skin diving.
For men, watches also reveal their personality. For this, Invicta has created several men’s watches like Invicta 9094. If you want to look for more men’s watches, you can check out Invicta brand men’s watch reviews.