Another thing that can drive us a little crazy with our modern Casio G-Shocks is to establish a Bluetooth connection with the Casio G-SHOCK Connected or Move app. It is usually a simple step in those watches that have Bluetooth connectivity, but many times you can have problems…
And there is no single solution. We will show you a series of steps you can follow to connect your Casio G-Shock with Bluetooth to the G-SHOCK Connected or G-SHOCK Move app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
In the case of connecting with the G-SHOCK Connected app, not being able to do so is not so critical, since all the configuration operations can be carried out on the same watch as always, but if your watch connects to the G-SHOCK Connected app or G-SHOCK Move, this application offers very interesting information about your routes, steps, calories spent, GPS points, etc. Maybe if you want to check…
- 1 Do you know how to fix Bluetooth connection problems between your Casio G-Shock and your smartphone?
- 2 Conclusion
Do you know how to fix Bluetooth connection problems between your Casio G-Shock and your smartphone?
1.-Phone and OS compatible with your Casio watch
The first thing you have to check is that your phone and your operating system, whether Android or iOS, are compatible with your watch.
This is easy to find out by browsing the Casio website: Smartphone Compatible Apps for Watches. Just select your watch and search for compatibility.
In the list that appears, the Casio watches will be listed and with which app they have to connect: G-SHOCK Connected or G-SHOCK Move.
- It is also possible that your smartphone has an iOS or Android version that is too old and is not supported by the app or by the watch… You have to change your phone or update the operating system if you can.
2.-App installed on the phone and Bluetooth on
- The next step you should check is if you have the correct app installed on the phone in its latest version. This is very important. You can go to the Apple App Store or Google Play to check it out.
- Then check that you have activated Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Still not working? Turn off the phone and turn it back on. Delete the app and reinstall it.
- Most of the issues have been fixed at this point, and you can probably connect to the Casio app with your G-Shock watch.
3.-Clear the watch information in the app or delete the pairing information of the watch
Two more options. You can first try to delete the information that the app on your phone has saved on your watch. You just have to navigate to the app and delete the clock from it.
You can also delete the pairing information of the watch… and here we can have more problems because each Casio watch has a different way of doing it.
Normally it is done in the following way:
Casio G-Shock Analog (module 5588 )
- You loosen the crown and then pull it out to the second click.
- You hold down the button (B) for at least 10 seconds (look in the manual for this button on your watch): This deletes the pairing information.
- Push the crown back in and lock it.
Casio G-Shock digital (module 3459/3461 )
- Hold down button (A) for at least two seconds until [HT] starts flashing (look in the manual for this button on your watch).
- Press button (C) twice.
- Hold down button (B) for at least three seconds. Release the button when [CLR] appears.
In case the buttons do not match or it is a different module, you just have to go to the Casio manual page and put the module of your watch (you find it on the back).
You May Also Be Interested In How Do I Set My G Shock To Military Time?
- Each watch has in its manual, at the end of the entire document, a section called “Troubleshooting” where you can find this information.
By following these three steps, you will probably be able to connect your watch with the app on your smartphone. Usually, the problem is that you have installed the wrong app (Casio has several).
But in case it is not solved, you can follow the other steps to fix the problem and configure your Casio G-Shock with Bluetooth quickly and easily thanks to the app.