Today we are up with a thorough review of one of the elegant watches from the Casio Edifice series. As the title suggests you shall get to know the Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF watch review and complete buyer guide.
The Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF is possibly one of the most beautiful and elegantly designed Casio watches seen in recent years. It has been launched in 2020 and the truth is that it has entered directly into our list of the best Casio Edifice watches.
It’s cheap, it has a sapphire crystal, a stainless steel strap, and a case… and all for about 110-120 dollars depending on where you buy it.
It makes you want to cry with excitement at the sight of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal on such a cheap watch. It would only need a good IP finish on the entire strap and case to prevent scratches… but then the price would go up… We can’t have it all.
Shall we go to the review? We can now give our opinion of this Casio Edifice model, a super sales insurance that you cannot miss if you only want a watch to know the time.
- 1 Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF – Specs, Features, and Design
- 2 Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF – comfort, size, and weight
- 3 Conclusion: Is it worth buying the Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF watch?
Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF – Specs, Features, and Design
- this fashionable, classic watch is a perfect gift for new year, birthday,valentine's day and so on -the watch has a calendar function: date, luminous hands, luminous numbers
- high quality 21 cm length and 21 mm width silver stainless steel strap with a fold over with push button clasp
- case diameter: 37 mm,case thickness: 8 mm, case colour: silver and dial colour: black
- water resistant: 10 bars-weight: 110 g
- Target gender: male Band size: Mens Standard Band width: 21.0 Case diameter: 37.0 millimeters Clasp type: Push Button Deployment Clasp Dial window material type: Sapphire Crystal Item shape: Round Water resistance depth: 100.0 meters Display type: Analog
Few features to be a Casio watch, right? Nothing happens. The important thing in this watch is the design, the great manufacturing, and that the dial is made of sapphire glass.
The design is elegant and simple with a black dial, 3D indices, white hands (minutes and hours), and gold for the seconds.
Both the indices and the minute and hour hands have a neon coating to be seen in the dark (the one on the indices is worse). How long does this illumination last? After approximately 8 hours its luminosity decreases quite a bit but the hands can still be seen, although with some difficulty.
- They have placed the words Edifice Casio at the top and SAPPHIRE, Water Resistant 100M, and JAPAN MOV’T (in lowercase letters) at the bottom.
The day window at 3 o’clock is a bit small and is based on 31 days, so you will have to change the date to 30-day months. I’m sure it won’t be too hard for you.
The octagonal bezel (which seems to be the trend this year in watch design) has a very nice polish. We only have a (protected) crown and no other buttons, but there is not much that needs to be done on this watch.
No Bluetooth, alarms, chronograph, timers, LED light, Multiband 6, no solar charging, etc… Nothing at all except a really classy look. We don’t want anything else. Its simple and elegant design fills all the gaps.
The strap is stainless steel and comes with a few extra links, so you’re going to have to adjust it with the right tools (it’s not too complicated, you can do it yourself, but be careful when removing the bars). I have removed 3 links for a 19cm wrist.
In the links that you can remove there is an arrow that tells you in which direction to remove them. The closure is secure (the collection symbol and the word EDIFICE appear).
The back of the watch is also simple:
They indicate the EFR-S108 model, which is made of stainless steel, has a sapphire crystal, the module number, and the water resistance (100 meters, more than enough for occasional bathing and swimming). In the center, we can read in large CASIO.
You can also read our guide on
The crown only has two positions, one to modify the time, and another to modify the date.
The battery lasts about 3 years, and when it runs out, the second hand will move at 2-second intervals. Surely it lasts many more years than indicated, as usually happens in all Casio watches if we don’t put a lot of cane into them.
Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF – comfort, size, and weight
The truth is that it is quite light (110 grams) and does not have a very large dial (44.8mm).
The truth is that you get a watch that dresses well and is probably very suitable for those of you with a small wrist. It can be worn under the sleeve without any problem because it is not very thick. The chain is comfortable. You can leave it to sleep.
Conclusion: Is it worth buying the Casio Edifice EFR-S108D-1AVUEF watch?
It is one of the watches of the Japanese brand with a more elegant design in recent years. Casio has embroidered it with this watch.
It has a sapphire crystal, a stainless steel strap, and a case. And all for about 110-120 dollars. How does Casio manage to manufacture these types of watches with these features and reliability and then sell them at such low prices?
It is not a watch that we are going to buy for its functions. It just gives you the time and date and that’s it. The dial is clean of small dials and its black color is very striking. We don’t buy it for the things it can do, we buy it to admire it every morning.
- Great design and reliability
- Very elegant
- With sapphire crystal
- Stainless steel case and strap
- Perfect for small dolls
- No extra features
- No solar charging
- The fluorescent coating of the indices is less visible than that of the hands